Sydney to Longreach- I'm back, and thanks!

Submitted: Thursday, Jan 28, 2010 at 14:04
ThreadID: 75568 Views:1952 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Thanks to all those who posted replies on my 2 prev threads. Just wanted to say I'm back with mission of seeing the Qantas museum, adding some k's to my leased vehical, and getting some 'alone time' acccomplished :-)

(even listed to my music and went went my route ;-)

Ended up going mostly by my planned route with only one small variation from Dubbo to Sydney as the Tom Tom suggested a route via Mugee avoiding Orange, Bathurst etc. It was very pretty on these secondary roads.

I now agree with the Long Haired Nomad that the route via Dubbo Bourke into that part of Qld (around Cunamulla) is a great way to go. I don't think there is as much to see but if you are transiting to Qld before you start 'exploring' this seems almost like a secret backdoor, with fewer towns, straight and flat roads a lot of the way.

Thanks again. Would very highly recommend the Qantas museum for both plane and history lovers.

(I'll add some pics when I get the camera sorted)
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Andrew L (QLD) - Thursday, Jan 28, 2010 at 14:12

Thursday, Jan 28, 2010 at 14:12
Did you have a look in the little shed across the road from QANTAS...?
AnswerID: 401478

Follow Up By: James_1 - Thursday, Jan 28, 2010 at 14:22

Thursday, Jan 28, 2010 at 14:22
LOL. I could hardly see it for all the flags! But sadly no; I just had 2 days in Longreach and spent most of that at Qantas. I thought rather than rush it we'll do it as a family next time :-)
FollowupID: 670810

Sponsored Links